Our stay in Port Stephens was one of the most successful visits we have had since leaving Fremantle last April. Being the Easter weekend, the area was swarming with people, many taking a break from Sydney or Newcastle. The weather, although forecast to rain, managed to clear for much of the stay which also helped in making our stay so successful. A total of 6930 people managed to look over the vessel, with Easter Saturday being our busiest day with 1836 visitors. Such large numbers of visitors meant that the crew were kept very busy with guiding duties. They all did a marvellous job considering the days were long and the crowds gave little respite for any idle time. Our stay in Port Stephens had been very enjoyable as well as successful and much thanks must been given to all involved in our stay there. However, by Wednesday the crowds had reduced as many of the visitors to the area had headed home. So the ship was packed down with the museum exhibits put away and the vessel prepared for sea again. Then first thing Thursday morning we slipped the lines and headed out to sea. I was hoping that we might have been able to sail out through the heads, for many of the locals were keen to see us under sail. But the winds were not favourable forcing us to motor for an hour to get in a position to start sailing. After such a busy Easter it was good to get the ship back to sea, get the sails set, put the engine off, and get the crew into a sea routine again. On Thursday night the wind started to dye out, and I was worried that my hope of southerlies lasting for a couple of days may have been ambitious. Duyfken wallowed around for several hours until at midnight a gentle puff of wind started to fill in from the south again and we resumed our progress north. With the ship not due into Ballina until Tuesday, we have a reasonable amount of time to sail north. But the winds have been light and so our progress has not been very fast. I am also watching the weather charts closely, for our biggest challenge will be getting suitable weather to cross the bar into Ballina. It is known to be a nasty stretch of water, and we will be relying on ideal weather and swell conditions to get in. Only time will tell whether that will be though, for it is something we have no control over.