It’s Been A Big Job
31 big days of maintenance to complete Stage 1 of the major refit before Duyfken leaves for Hartog Voyage in September 2016 and countless hours of contribution from a team of volunteers and shipwrights resulted in these major tasks being completed:
- Installation of new stainless steel fuel tanks with a full upgrade of the fuel lines
- Complete upgrade of the electrical system
- Re-caulking of the hull seams
- Engine room upgrade that saw work done to make this area airtight
- Full replacement of the fire suppression and acoustic lining in the engine bays
- Full inspection below the water line with the appropriate remedial work
- A fresh lick of anti-fouling
… just a handful of what was achieved by the team!
They say a picture tells a thousand words...here are just a sample of some of the work.